Sunday, May 29, 2011

Who Will Stand Up For Me?

This morning in church, our minister was asking us to put others ahead of ourselves always.  His point was that, in our relationships, we sometimes spend more energy trying to be right than doing what is right.  He told us that we often think we have to stand up for ourselves because nobody else will stand up for us.  But that isn't true!  God will stand up for us.  He said that Jesus not only stood up for us, but was raised up on a cross for us. 

Two hours later, I sat here on my couch and read Psalms 7:10-11.  This is what it says:
10 My shield is God Most High,
   who saves the upright in heart.
11 God is a righteous judge,
   a God who displays his wrath every day.


I hope this week, I can focus more on doing what is right instead of being right!
I am that person who tries to always be right.  I told someone just this week that our lives would be simpler if my husband would just accept that I need to be in charge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment