Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More Missing verses

I continue to be amazed at the story of the creation of the Bible.  As a child I questioned the validity of God's Word.  I think I have said before that I asked my Sunday School teacher how we know that our beliefs are true.  I don't need to question the truth of the Bible anymore, but I do question why some passages are included now, but they weren't in the earliest manuscripts.  John 8 is that way.  The first part was not included early on.

I enjoy reading the teachings of Christ in John, but part of me wishes that Jesus had come right out and told those around him exactly who he was.  He beat around the bush so often, it is almost frustrating to read!

Exodus continues to be a list of directions.  This time it explains what to do for the priests, Aaron being one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment