Friday, May 27, 2011

Spoken About Me

So my lack of knowledge with computers shines with extra brightness tonight.  I haven't posted for a couple of days because I thought something major was wrong with my blogger account. Actually, I just needed to restart the computer.  Once I did that, everything worked just fine.  However, I haven't posted in two days.  Let me recap!  I have read Psalms 3-6 and Leviticus 5-6. 

Tonight, however, I reread them to prepare for a post when I realized it was working for me.  As I reread, two verses spoke to me as if they were written yesterday.  You know how you read an article in a magazine and you realize the author is talking DIRECTLY to you?  That's how I felt tonight.  Here are the verses of Psalms that were written for me.

Psalms 3:3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
   my glory, the One who lifts my head high.

Psalms 5:3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly.
The first gets me because I am tired.  This was field day at school.  Remember that day?  The day of competition?  Our track events have transformed into water balloon fights, but still competitions.  Storms have kept me awake this week.  After all the tornadoes that have attacked people in their sleep, I wake up to a storm and worry.  However, the Lord is my sheild around me!

The second passage gets me because I usually read my Bible first thing in the morning.  It is when I listen to hear God's voice.  I can't wait to get back into the groove tomorrow morning, even though it is Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment