Monday, May 16, 2011

A Fresh New Start

Today is Monday.  I always feel like Mondays bring a fresh new start.  I love New Year's Day and the resolutions we attempt.  I also love the beginning of the school year for the same reason.  We feel energized and ready to take on the world.  We are not loaded down yet with the everyday to-do lists.  I don't feel behind. 

Exodus 34 shows a fresh new start for Moses and the Israelites.  They have a new set of commandments, Moses has a new covenant with God, and everyone has been forgiven of past sins.  It is a nice feeling to know that all your sins have been forgiven.  The weight is lifted from my shoulders, and I feel like God is giving me a fresh new start.

In John 13, we see Jesus preparing for his death.  He teaches us to serve others and lead others to him.  It is comforting to know that Jesus willingly went forth with his death so my sins could be forgiven.  Ultimately, it is only because of Him that I can every feel the wonder of those Monday mornings free of sin and free of burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment