Thursday, May 19, 2011

Come Holy Spirit Come Part 2

I mentioned that I am looking seriously about my career right now.  Things continue changing in education and I continue to feel overwhelmed by the pressures.  I had a conversation with my mother last night about my husband's career.  He is working on moving into a new department with his company, but the business is cut-throat.  If you aren't extremely successful, you're fired! 

That isn't the case with teaching.  Unfortunately, there are many bad teachers out there who won't be fired.  A bad teacher can stay in that position until retirement.  I learned yesterday that teacher evaluations in my county will now be based 40% on student progress.  While that puts immense pressure on me and takes my breath, I know that some won't take it seriously.  I also know that the bad teachers will manage to fly under the radar. 

In the coming years, my job will become increasingly more difficult.  More responsibilities and pressures are added each year.  My salary will decrease next year for the fourth year in a row.  The county doesn't call it a pay cut, but the change in insurance means more money comes out of the paycheck for my son's insurance. 

Again this morning I say, Come Holy Spirit, Come!  John 16 teaches us that Jesus explained to the disciples during the Last Supper that The Advocate would come after Jesus's departure.  The Spirit of Truth will be sent to guide our footsteps.  I thank God that the passage I needed to hear was the one I read this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment