Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Goal

When we think of our job as witnesses to share our story of what Christ has done for us in our lives.  After reading John 4, I don't think that is the end goal anymore.  In John 4:42, the Samaritans are talking to the woman Jesus met at the well.  "They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said:  now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

Our goal is not just to tell our story.  Our goal is for others to turn to Christ, and then see for themselves the blessings God has given to them.  The true reward will be when these new believers enter heaven. 

I also read Exodus 25 today.  It is a listing of God's instructions to Moses of how to build the Ark of the Covenent, the table, and the lampstand.  There are moments in my life when I wish the directions from God were this clear for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment