Friday, May 20, 2011

Prayer for Me

Several years ago, just before I got married, I attended a weekend conference through the church I attended at the time.  I realized about half way through the weekend that people in the church were holding a prayer vigil to pray for ME!  They wanted this conference to make an impact on the lives of those of us who attended.  It was an overwhelming feeling to know that someone I didn't know or didn't know well was asking God to make changes in my life.  I felt a blanket of love that day. 

In John 17, Jesus is praying.  He asks for the glory he had when he was with God before the world began.  That statement hit me hard this morning.  I think of Jesus as the Son who came to Earth as human.  I think of his human birth being his beginning.  I forget that Jesus has been a part of God and with God always.

After Jesus prays for himself and the disciples, he prays for us.  He prays for all who WILL believe in him.  Two thousand years ago, Jesus knelt before the crucifixion and prayed for ME!  Hold that blessing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment