Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Come Holy Spirit Come!

I totally stole those words from a song, but that is how I feel today.  My son is sick, probably strep throat and what the doctor believes is bronchitis.  We haven't slept in days.  While I have a sub today, my school is closing early because of potential flooding.  That sums up what I see out my window right now!  This is one of those days when you just want to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.

It is difficult for us to understand the Holy Spirit and what it means to us.  My guess is that everyone feels a little differently about it, and everyone has experience it in different ways.  I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit the most when I am singing with a group of people.  I also feel it after reading a passage in the Bible if I just take time to be quiet and listen.  I have never heard the booming voice of God, but I hear the whispers of the Holy Spirit all the time!

On days like this I take comfort in John 14:15-18.  15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Doesn't that feel like a warm blanket on a cold rainy day???

No comments:

Post a Comment