Monday, May 30, 2011

Thankfulness

    I have mentioned numerous times that I am trying to branch my writing skills into new areas. I have prayed about this change for about two years, and have experienced enough success in this field to believe I should keep going. As a writing teacher, I write every day. It occurred to me two years ago to actually do something with these stories and articles I produced for my students. As I began taking some classes and exploring different areas of writing, I quickly learned that if I wanted to make money at this trade, I would have to learn to write in many different styles.

    Most recently, I submitted a few proposals to line up work for the summer. I would love for that work to carry me on through next school year, but I have also learned that God controls my plans more than me. I am encouraged to see this process moving forward.

    The point of this rambling?? Thankfulness. I read Psalm 9 this morning, and it begins with thankfulness. I am so blessed! Why shouldn't I begin with thankfulness? I don't know for sure, I haven't adequately research this Psalm, but it seems as if David is writing about war. He is pursued by his enemies, but knows God is in charge. David is forever thankful for God's guidance for his life and command over his enemies.

    I am not at war. No enemy is trying to kill me. I have so much more to be thankful for! On this Memorial Day, we all have much to be thankful for. We are months from Thanksgiving, but let's celebrate thanksgiving today!

***Note: I learned in a footnote from biblegateway.com that Psalm 9-10 are believed to be an acrostic poem with each line beginning with the letters of the Hebrew alphabet. How incredible is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment