Saturday, July 30, 2011

Love and Death

    The Bible tells us that, above all other commandments, to love one another. We go through life falling in love, loving our neighbors, and forming lifelong relationships. We feel close to God when we are in loving relationships.

    Let me be clear that I am not talking of only love between spouses. There are many friends in my life that have walked through far more with me than my husband of only 4 years.

    Last night a dear friend was killed when he hit a tree in the road on the interstate. He was 29 years old, and his wife and two-year old were in the back seat. The next few days for our family will be torturous because of our love for him.

    Psalms 90 tells us how fleeting life can be. We understand that with a brush of his hand, God can end our time on earth whenever he wishes. Right now, in our pain, all we feel is the loss of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment