Sunday, July 3, 2011

Create in Me a Clean Heart

    It is easy to blame others. It is easy to complain about others. It is harder to take a good look at ourselves and admit our shortfalls.

    When I was in youth group, about 15 years ago, one of my favorite songs we sang was from Psalm 51.  This is a cry for forgiveness after David is caught with Bathsheba.  This song is a great way to ask for forgiveness, and I was reminded of it after I read Psalm 51 today.

 Create in me a clean heart oh God

And renew a right spirit within me

                Create in me a clean heart oh God                

And renew a right spirit within me


 

Cast me not away

From thy presence oh Lord

Take not thy Holy Spirit from me

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation

And renew a right spirit within me


 

No comments:

Post a Comment