Sunday, July 24, 2011

Book of Deuteronomy

    I was surprised this morning when I realized that finished Numbers yesterday. I didn't look ahead at today's readings, so I didn't know yesterday was the last chapter. It didn't feel finished. Before I read Deuteronomy 1, I did some research.

    I found that the title means something near "the second reading of the law." There are many who believe that Moses's death actually was written at the end of Numbers. It was decided to put Deuteronomy here to bridge the gap between the death of Moses and the Book of Joshua. When that was decided, the death of Moses was moved to Deuteronomy, so Numbers does end abruptly.

    The first chapter begins a recap of the past 40 years. Wouldn't it be fun on your 40th birthday to recap your life up to that point? Maybe I will do it now as I approach my 30th birthday!

    On another subject, I am working on bettering my friendship with God by being honest. When I am mad, upset, disappointed, or even happy, I will have a conversation with Him about it.

    I hope you are able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment