Monday, July 4, 2011

Rough Days

    We all have rough days. A few weeks ago my mother-in-law broke her ankle. To her extreme disappointment, the entire summer will be in a cast up to her knee. Last week, my eighteen year old brother-in-law shattered his jaw playing softball. Life gets difficult sometimes. So what do we do about it? Do we spend our days complaining or praying for God to take away our trials? Or do we accept our trials as a part of life and simply move on?

    Today I read Numbers 16. Wow!! God got really angry with a group that rose against Moses and Aaron. The earth opened and several men, their wives, and their children were swallowed by the earth alive. Then more than 14,000 were killed in a plague. They had a rough day!

    It is hard to keep perspective during our dark moments, but both injuries in my husband's family will heal. By Christmas, both my mother-in-law and my brother-in-law will be just fine. Bad days come and go, but we have to remember that God is in charge, and everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment