Friday, July 15, 2011

Slowing Down the Journey

    There are some books that are so wonderful they need to be read again and again in a lifetime. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I read it in high school for the first time, but I think I've read it five or six more times since then. I love reading the profoundness of the situation from the eyes of a seven year old.

    Another book that I have decided to reread is The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I read it shortly before I got married, and I have decided this point in my life needs just as much direction. Last time, I think I read it in about a week instead of one section per day as suggested. This time, I will take it slower and try to process each piece a little more.

    That made me think about how I am reading my Bible. Sometimes we think we need to rush through everything to hurry up and be finished. With writing deadlines and a flurry of housework, I rush through most of my day. I forget that God values our journey and uses this journey to test us and teach us. My new plan is to slow down each day. I want to take time to enjoy my journey too!

No comments:

Post a Comment