Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finding Rest

    Even though it is summer, and I am not teaching, we are BUSY! We have crammed a lot of traveling into my weeks off from work. We are refinishing the kitchen cabinets. I am on a mission to declutter and clean this house. Devon's room is being remodeled. I am working on several freelance writing jobs. Finally, I am about to work on math pacing guides for the school system in which I teach. Sometimes I just need some rest.

    Psalm 59 repeats the following verse a couple of times. It seemed to fit my overwhelmed feeling. 17 You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.

    When things get hectic around here, when we feel like we can't get it all together, God is there to catch us and give us rest. If we search for our strength in him, instead of in money or thinking another person can be our source of strength, we will be okay. We can't expect others to pick up our pieces for us. There is a hole inside of all us that only God can fill, not others. I love my husband, but he can't be everything I need. God can be and is everything I need. He can calm us and comfort us in times of need. He can give us rest amid the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment