Saturday, July 23, 2011

Testimonial

    I am not always comfortable sharing private things, and my relationship with God is very personal. However, I need to share what happened yesterday. My money is running low with another week before payday. I know it is my own fault. I didn't create a budget for this month. I just spent whatever, whenever while working on my house. I spent an outrageous amount on school supplies, and my car needed work. Therefore, I had my husband make the car payment.

    Well, he wasn't too happy. He also had to pay for the car insurance this month. So I was sweating how I would repay him. I wasn't sure I could. I prayed for God to show me how I could repay my husband. I was thinking maybe he would allow me to get a more lucrative writing job.

    This is what happened. I was awarded a writing job that pays about $200 a week, while I am still teaching full time. As I sorted mail yesterday, I also found a check for $500! Apparently I overpaid a hospital bill! It was bizarre. The first thing I did was thank God. Then I went to the bank and cashed the check. I took out 10% for church on Sunday, and I sat down and wrote my budget for next month.

    God is good and He provides!

No comments:

Post a Comment