Saturday, April 30, 2011

The End of Luke

Today I finished the third of the Gospels.  In all honesty, I am not really excited about reading John.  I know that I am getting ready to read another version of the same stories again.  I have to keep reminding myself why I am doing this in the first place.  I want to read the ENTIRE Bible again.  I also have enjoyed going back to my previous posts to see what I thought of certain chapters.  I may even try to take some of these ramblings and make sense out of them.  Who knows!! 

As for Exodus, today was weird!  Exodus chapter 21 moves past the ten commandments and begins outlining the laws Moses and God set forth for all people.  I am fascinated with the culture of the day.  These laws allowed for life to carry on in this society of nomads.  The class structure is far different from ours today.  Because of this, the laws allow for slavery and bartering with women as currency.  As I've said before, I am glad to be living in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment