Saturday, April 9, 2011

Luke chapter 3 tells more specifics about what John the Baptist preached.  It seems that he was one of the first in a while to teach that each person should try to be content with what was given to them instead of fighting and cheating others out of their things.  He was doing great until he spoke against Herod.  Then John was thrown in jail. 

Before that happened though, Jesus was baptized.  I'm sure it wasn't to forgive his sins, because he had none to forgive.  I think it sybolized giving up the 30 years of normal life.  I am 29.  I imagine his life up to this point has been very much like others in his age group.  Now he is putting his life aside and devoting the rest of his time to God's plan. 

I also finished the book of Genesis today.  I enjoyed this book more this time around than in the past.  I think I actually understand some of the background for this group of people.  It ends with Joseph's death at the age of 110.  He was able to live long enough to see great, great grandchildren. 

I hope everyone enjoys a spring day!  We will spend ours inside.  Another cold rainy April day here, but tomorrow should be about 30 degrees warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment