Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Having What It Takes...

I was sitting on my front porch last night, after a rain cooled us down, thinking about how much I love this place where I live.  My son played in the rocks and mud while I sat back and enjoyed a cool breeze.  Everything around me was green and full of life.  Moments like that make me think that I have it all together.  I have everything I need to get by. 

Then doubt sneaks into my thoughts when I read something like Luke 21.  Most of the time reading the Bible is comforting, but not today.  This passage told of signs that we could watch for to indicate the ending times.  Jesus was very clear, though, when he said that many would be put to death in his name.  Many of us will be persecuted for our belief in him.  We will have to stand firm and not fear death, because fighting for our belief will be rewarded with life in heaven.

Last week our weekly Bible Study in our home focused on Phillipians chapter 1.  One of the questions from the study asked how we would feel if someone arrested us for our belief in Christ.  The point one to show that Paul was joyful about it.  I think I would be terrified!  I would worry about my family.  I would fear for my life.  I am not sure I have what it takes if times become that rough for me. 

My lesson today??  I will remain thankful for the good times, but pray for strength for the rough patches!

No comments:

Post a Comment