Saturday, April 2, 2011

Well Prepared

Mark 13 is Jesus's list of signs for us to watch for that will indicate an end to this world.  He tells his disciples that it will be increasingly difficult to follow God.  We will be punished and persecuted for our beliefs.  Only those who stand firm will be chosen to go with the angels.  I hope I am strong enough and firm enough to not be shaken!  It is a scary thought.  We are warned to be prepared for the return of Christ.  I hope I am.  I know I am not perfect, and I know there are a few things that need serious work.  I could list them, but it would be lengthy.  All I can say is Prasie God for his Grace and Mercy!

Question of the day:  Jesus tells the disciples that their generation would not end before the end of times.  What changed?  or am I misinterpreting that passage?

In Genesis 43, Joseph's brothers were not prepared for their second arrival in Egypt.  They are expecting terrible consequences, not the banquet they were welcomed with.  My favorite part is Benjamin's dinner.  I love that Benjamin received five times larger portions than the others!

Have a great day, and think about what you need to prepare in your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment