Sunday, April 10, 2011

In Your Own Home

I know a woman who recently found a lewd picture on her daughter's phone.  She assumed the picture had been taken at someone else's house.  Her daughter admitted who took it.  The young man was very quick to say that the girl asked him to take the picture on her phone while visiting her house.  The mother just couldn't believe it took place in her own home.

What happens in our homes?  Are they places where we glorify God, or do we only do that in His house?  Jesus tells the people of Narareth that he won't be successful there because it is his home.  They drive him from the town, with the intention of throwing him over a cliff, according to Luke 4.  I will take some time to think about what happens in my home.  Do we focus on God or do we focus on the busyness of our lives??!

I also began reading Exodus today.  The first chapter tells of the beginning of the slavery of the Israelites in Egypt.  I love that the midwives, who are ordered to kill the baby boys, lie and say that they do not arrive early enough to kill the babies.  They fear God more than the Pharoah.  I hope that I can do the right thing always by God, and not by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment