Monday, April 25, 2011

Knowing Christ

Easter is over, but I still have one more day off from work.  Today is Monday, so it is almost 8:00 and we are still at home.  Usually we leave at 7:00 every morning.  It seems odd to sit here on a Monday.  I actually have time to think this morning!

Today I read Luke 19 and Exodus 16.  I am amazed at how many people who met Jesus did not believe his teachings.  They witnessed the miracles, but didn't believe that he was the Son of God.  Then in Exodus, the Israelites refuse to obey the commands of God.  After all the great acts of God they have witnessed, the exodus from Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, and the guides they are following, they still don't follow simple rules, like how much manna to gather. 

All of this got me thinking about my own life.  How many miracles have I witnesses?  How many times has God led me down the right path and provided everything I need?  Why do I still not fully trust him to guide me through the next obstacle?  Why do I still not put all of my faith into his ability to make sure we will have enough money for our needs?  I worry endlessly about money, and work, and my family, and everything else a mother and wife worries about.  It is time I wake up and pay attention to the signs around me, too.  It is time to sit back and trust that everything is taken care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment