Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rules for our Lives

How many of us plan our days the night before?  I am willing to bet that at least 80-90% of women, especially mothers, have a planner of some sort where they write down doctor's appointments, menus, activities for the kids, and family vacations.  I also bet many of us map out what will be cleaned when and what our days will look like.  As a teacher, I plan every five minutes of my day. 

Yesterday, things didn't go as planned.  I lost my internet yesterday morning.  All day I tried to sneak in five more minutes to do the blog, and it just didn't happen.  The funny thing is the readings in the Old and New Testament revolved around rules for our lives. 

I like structure.  I like having a plan.  I get upset when someone else messes up my plan.  I guess that's why I find comfort in Jesus's teachings that lay out exactly how we should live our lives.  Moses also gave rules for his people in Exodus.  It is fascinating to see just how detailed they were concerning Passover. 

Tomorrow I will continue with Luke chapter 16 and Exodus chapter 13.  As a side note, my son is deeply interested in his own reading this morning.  It is called Here Comes Easter! by Caroline Jayne Church.  The reader has to search for Easter Eggs on the pages.  He also is loving Jan Brett right now.  He loves her pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment