Monday, April 4, 2011

What God Intends for Good

     You know those nights when everything seems to be falling apart?  Each plan we have fails and we feellost and betrayed by those we love?  My husband and I had a fight last night.  It basically boils down to the fact that I like to be in control, and he likes to do things behind my back so I can't grasp control of them.  I've made this sound like he did something horrible.  Really he just got a new dog without telling me.  I saw the whole thing as disrespectful and mean to me.  He saw it as just getting a new dog.  My point is that a huge argument ensued.  When I went to bed feeling sad and rejected by my husband who lied to me, I tried to see what good would come of this.  I tried to see if God intended this for good.
     I read Mark 15 this morning, the crucifixion of Jesus.  I bet the people who believed in him were just devastated.  They probably wondered what God would do with this that would be good.  The situation seemed so terrible that surely nothing good could come of it.  Instead, the greatest gift of all was given to every believer. 
     In Genesis 45, Joseph tells his brothers that what they intended for evil was actually God's plan for good to come to their family.  Because they were cruel enough to sell him into slavery, he now rules Egypt.  Joseph probably wasn't that happy about it when he was in jail, but now he knows what God's plan really was. 
     It is so hard in the middle of the darkness to feel the hope we need.  Even when something so small as an arugment with your husband spirals your mood into a cloud of sadness and anger, God is there.  The Bible tells us that the dark of night may be difficult, but joy will come in the morning.  I hope you all feel God's presence when you walk through the dark moments today.  I hope you see the joy that will come in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment