Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Voice of the Lord

    I write about this topic often. Perhaps it is because I have learned that the easiest way to make God laugh is to try to plan my life for myself. I am a planner. I have refrigerator calendars, planners, a household notebook, Devon's curriculum, my writing plans, and my husband's softball and work schedule. I feel the need to plan so I can keep it all straight.

    I am not organized by nature. I have learned tricks to create organization in my home because I don't do it naturally. Sometimes I do this to a point that drives my husband crazy.

    But over the past few years, we have had some disruption to our plans. If you had asked me four years ago, the spring before I married my husband, I would not have said I would live here, in this house, with a two-year old son. My husband would have a different career, and I would not be a writer. I didn't know I wanted to be one! Why am I here now? The Voice of God!

    Psalm 29 is all about the power of the Voice of God. It can, with a whisper, shake us to our core. We can try to ignore it, but it will speak louder than our objections. I am blessed to hear His voice as my guidance through this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment