Thursday, June 23, 2011

Routines

    During the school year, I get up at 5:00am every morning. Last week, the week of my conference, I got up around 6:00am, because we didn't have to leave as early to get to the conference. This week, however, I haven't needed to get up early. I have slept until my son came into the room to wake me up each morning. Some mornings that was as late at 7:30am. Getting up two and half hours later than what I am used to has taken its toll now. I don't feel like I have a good start to my day, I don't have my quiet time in the morning to read without my son running around, and I don't sleep as well at night!

    I recently have spent some time at a website called flylady.net. FLYlady is a woman who decided one day to get organized by setting up routines. From what I have read so far, I am totally buying into it! I love my routines! That is largely why I like teaching. This summer schedule has completely thrown my routines off kilter. I am desperate to return to routine.

    After reading Psalm 40 today, I feel even more justified that I NEED my early morning routine that includes time to read my Bible. That time sets up my day, it calms my spirit, it guides, it leads, it controls the chaos, and I am a happier mother, wife, writer, and summer bum because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment