Friday, June 3, 2011

Anxiety Relief

    Today's Bible readings are Psalm 15-16 and Leviticus 13, but let me give you another verse that is in my heart today. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:19

    Around 4:45 this morning my two year old woke me up with his cries for me and for a "wipee." Usually this means he needs to wipe his nose or something is stuck in his nose. I walked into his room, and in my sleepy fog and his dim light, I saw blood all over his face, smeared on his sheets, and all up and down his arms and chest. He was crying and asking me to wipe his nose, which was dripping blood.

    As a teacher, I am no stranger to kids with nose bleeds, but it took my breath to see my son covered in blood. I yelled for my husband to help, and we began to clean up our son and his bed. The bleeding lasted only a few minutes. Our son asked to go back to bed. My husband went back to our bed, but I was left shaken. This verse popped into my mind.

    More than an hour later, I sat down to read today's passages. Leviticus 13 made me laugh! It is all about defiling skin disorders and defiling mold! I thought to myself, "If Moses could see have seen my son this morning, he would have written a chapter about bloody little boys making the camp unclean instead!"

    For all of you parents out there, I hope you have consolation in your soul today!

No comments:

Post a Comment