Saturday, June 4, 2011

Graduation

    My brother-in-law graduated from high school today. The day could not come soon enough for him, and my in-laws were in dismay that it came so quickly. The eleven year age difference between my husband and his youngest brother created an indestructible bond making my husband fit somewhere between a brother and father figure. We were talking tonight after the party about how quickly the past few years have gone by. As my brother-in-law sets out in his journey and begins a career in the Air Force, we debated what our prayer for him will be tonight. What do you say about a person just beginning?

    As I sat down, finally, tonight to read my Bible for the day, I found my prayer for my brother-in-law in Psalm 17. Everything in these four verses, I wish for him. I hope that he seeks God for answers and for guidance. If God leads his way, no decision will be wrong.

 6 I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
   turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
7 Show me the wonders of your great love,
   you who save by your right hand
   those who take refuge in you from their foes.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
   hide me in the shadow of your wings
9 from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
   from my mortal enemies who surround me.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment