Friday, June 24, 2011

Celebrating Summer with the Family

    Yesterday we took our son to a waterpark. I wasn't sure what a two-year old would be able to do, but I was surprised at the amount of slides and rides for toddlers. Of course, our child is taller than the average two-year old. He is so tall, he was actually able to go down a few of the adult slides! We had a blast! My husband and I laughed all day at how funny our son was getting off the rides. He wasn't even out of the water before he squealed, " 'gain! Mommy! Daddy! Ride 'gain!"

    When we got home, I immediately started worrying over how much work I needed to accomplish in the upcoming weeks. I sat down and tried to plan out my work schedule, but I felt so overwhelmed I reconsidered this whole writing thing. I was discouraged to say the least!

    This morning Psalm 42:11 told me this,

"11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God."

    I have no reason to be discouraged! Our summer is going exactly the way we wanted it to go. I will do the best I can and make that be enough! If God wants me to succeed, I will work hard and He will provide the time to get the work finished. He always has!

No comments:

Post a Comment