Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Encouragement

Psalm 20

1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
   may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
   and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
   and accept your burnt offerings.[b]

4 May he give you the desire of your heart
   and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy over your victory
   and lift up our banners in the name of our God.

   May the LORD grant all your requests.

Wouldn't it be nice to wake up to that every day? I did today. I am getting ready to go to work on the biggest day of the fifth grade year, graduation. Today I say goodbye to my students. Most I will never see again. That also means all the cleaning and packing of my room begins today. A lot of work lies ahead in the next three days. I also picked up a small writing job, and I have a conference next week at which I am the opening keynote speaker. I love to be busy, but sometimes it is just a lot of stress.

    I pray that the direction I am going with my career is the direction God wishes for me also. I love verse 4, "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." I pray that for all of you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment