Thursday, March 31, 2011

Having Faith

Faith is hard idea to wrap our heads around.  I remember as a kid I asked my Sunday School teacher why we believe the Bible.  It was just a book written by a group of people long ago.  I didn't understand why we put so much trust in a book.  As great of a man as my teacher was, he couldn't answer in a way that I could understand.  He simply told me that he had faith that it was true. 

As an adult, I understand now.  But I think I only get it because I know so much more about it.  I know some of the historically accurate parts.  I see what God does in people's lives.  I feel his presence. 

Mark 11 and Genesis 41 both show true faith.  Jesus tells the disciples that if they truly believe, they could throw a mountain into the sea. I believe that it would take a lot of practice with meditation before my prayers could move mountains.  My prayer life could use some work! 

Joseph interprets the dreams of Pharoah which dictate his job for 14 years.  Could faith lead you down a career path for 14 years??  My last blog dealt with the ability to give up the life you've created to follow Jesus.  Joseph only needed to give up life in prison, not his riches.  Do we have the faith and courage to follow God despite our own plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment