Monday, September 12, 2011

Love and Respect: Week One

My husband and I are beginning a new Bible study on Sunday evenings. Our minister is leading it, but we are hosting. The premise of this study is to strengthen our marriages by understanding that God commands husbands to love their wives and wives to respect their husbands.

I happen to believe that the men have it easier! Jesus was the greatest model of love we could have. We are taught from an early age to love one another.

Respect is a different story. This morning I tried to think of something respectful I could do today to show my husband that I was invested into this study, but I came up with nothing.

Each Monday morning, after a meeting with our group, I will try to update the readers of this blog. It might get interesting!

For now, I encourage women to think differently about their commands from God. Yes, we are to love our husbands because we are to love all people, but respect for our husbands is God's direct command.

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment