Thursday, September 8, 2011

Discernment

"I am your servant; give me discernment
that I may understand your statutes." Psalm 119:125
I am reading a book on how to be a praying parent. The author tells us to try to quote scripture during our prayers because the Word of God is so powerful. The only time I quote scripture now is when I feel like I am losing my connection with God. If I feel like I am overshadowed by the world or ungodliness, I use scripture to help me focus. I never thought of using it to make my prayers more powerful.

The quote above is one I stumbled upon this morning. Many times I just need God to grant me discernment to muddle through all the pieces of advice and find His voice.

I hope you have the ability to understand the Voice of God today.


Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment