Thursday, September 29, 2011

Historical Record

I like to read. I like to learn. I consider myself a lifelong student because I am always trying to learn more about something. There is always a book that I am reading just to learn more about some topic. I think that is why I like being a teacher, too.

This morning, as I read Joshua 12-15(still trying to catch up from last week!), I was struck by how detailed the historical facts are. If I were a historian, these chapters would be great tools to map out the lands of the Israelites. I am sure someone had done this, and our modern maps probably benefitted from it. I don't think of the Bible as being a geography lesson, but today it was!



Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment