Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Works of God, Again!

I have already written this week about how powerful and mighty God is. I want to elaborate on that. While reading Psalms 114-115 this morning, I was reminded of the courage and confidence I have because of Him. I have a tough job this school year. I have 8 students with major needs and special education plans to help them succeed. The problem is that everyone is telling me I am expecting too much of them. Apparently these students have skated through because teachers have done much of the work for these kids. That won't work in my classroom. These kids will have to be accountable for their own work.

God has blessed me with resources and the ability to teach. Over the past seven years, I have learned how to successfully bring a child up several grade levels in reading. I am confident that God will help me again.

I am fully aware that I cannot do this job alone. It is only through prayer and God's help that these kids will progress. How dare I think that He can't do it! Of course God can help these kids!

The Bible clearly tells us that we will be blessed when we fear God and follow His Word!

May God bless you today!

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment