Wednesday, August 10, 2011

God’s Power

    I have not read my Bible or written a blog entry in over a week. When my friend, Brent, was killed, I became angry with God. The last post explains that in further detail. I was up late one night with Brent's wife last week, and she said that her faith was being tested. It was difficult to understand why Brent died because there was not an act of violence. Nobody caused his death. A tree fell on a pretty, sunny day. It happened to fall on his car as he drove.

    We cannot understand God's plan, but today I can understand his power. I am sitting on a balcony, watching the sun rise over the ocean. My husband, son, and husband's family have spent the past three nights at the beach. We needed a break! As I have watched my son gaze in awe at the ocean, it is easy to see God's power.

I can't explain waves to my son yet any more than I can understand Brent's death. What I do understand is that God is in charge. We do not know his plans, but they are plans for good. This doesn't protect us from heartache, but ensures everlasting life in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment