Saturday, August 13, 2011

Leaning on God

    Much of my time, the week my friend Brent died, was spent letting his wife lean on me. Sometimes it was just to rest her head and cry. Sometimes it was letting her talk about her fears for the future as a single mom. Other times, though, she leaned on me because she could not stand.

Psalm 94 says, 17 Unless the LORD had given me help,
   I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
   your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
   your consolation brought me joy.

    I am slowly learning to lean upon my God again. I am slowly getting back into my routine of housework, Bible reading, and a normal work schedule. It has taken two weeks for me to wrap my head around this. I do not know how God will use this tragedy, but I have faith that he will use it for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment