Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Place of Worship

    Deuteronomy 12 tells us the story of Moses discussing places of worship with the Israelites. Moses tells them to seek the place where God wants to put his name. This place will be called God's House. Everyone is to go to that place to worship.

    My church meets in a local high school. We don't have the ability to build a new building right now. We don't have land or money to buy it. It seems odd to worship in a school, but it doesn't feel odd when we are there.

    I think Moses just wanted to make sure his people gathered to worship together. I don't think the place is all that important.

    Today, all the teachers in my county go back to work. The schools will fill with laughter and a flurry of papers, pencils, and crayons. As I go back today, I want to try to remember that my job is important, but not as important as the work I do for God. I need to stay focused on the big picture a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment