Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More With Paul and the Death Of Samson

Paul continues to amaze me. I never really studied him before. I have heard many sermons about him, but nothing really stuck as to how incredible he was. Jesus was our model for the life we should live, but Paul showed us how to teach others about Jesus. My favorite from Acts 20 was, "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."

Samson brought death to himself by giving in to the love of a woman who tricked him. I am sure that was God's plan for him, but it is a reminder of how King Solomon's request for wisdom set him above the rest. Wisdom is a gift of God that I hope he gives me each day!

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment