Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hannah and Samuel

Today I began reading 1 Samuel, which opens with the story of Hannah. She prayed for a child and delivered Samuel. While praying, she promised to dedicate his life to God once he was born. After he was weaned, she took him to the priest so Samuel could begin his life in service to God.

I am glad Hannah gets the recognition she deserves from this chapter. As a mother, I have promised to raise my child so he will serve God also. However, I don't have to give him to a priest at a young age. I can raise him and enjoy him at home. Her sacrifice was huge!

How are you raising your children today?

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment