Friday, October 28, 2011

Word of God, Speak!

There is a song out right now that says, "Word of God, Speak!" This morning before I read my passages in Acts and Judges, I prayed that God would open my heart and mind. I asked Him to speak to me with whatever message he wanted me to hear today.

I took a couple of ideas away from the reading today. First of all, I found it interesting that Paul was preaching in a different way when he went to Athens. This was a time of new ideas, and philosophy was highly regarded. He took a very academic approach with them. Paul had an amazing ability to reach out to so many different types of people.

In Judges, an angel of God appears to a women to tell her she will have a son. This son will be Samson. I loved that story as a kid! We would even act it out and tear down the "walls" we built out of blocks. I look forward to reading the rest of the story tomorrow.



Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment