Thursday, October 20, 2011

Asking for Proof

We know that we shouldn't test God. We also know we shouldn't expect God to do things our way. Gideon, however, asks God for proof before following every step of God's plan for his life. It worked! God presented proof that He was supoprting Gideon before Gideon ruffled the feathers of everyone around him.

I find myself asking for proof sometimes, too. I feel the need for a sign to know I am on the right track. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking God to speak to us or asking God to open our minds and hearts to His voice. Sometimes we need obvious guidance to take us through the steps.

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment