Monday, October 17, 2011

The Stoning of Stephen

Matthew West has a song called Strong Enough. It says basically that God must think I am strong because of all he is putting me through. Then he asks God's Hands of Mercy to cover him and carry him through because he isn't strong enough.

I am reminded of that song when I read Acts 6-7. Stephen, who is critized for being filled with the Holy Spirit, is stoned to death. Just before the stoning begins, he looks up at Heaven and sees Jesus looking down on him. I wonder if he considered his own strength. I wonder if he asked God to be strong enough for him.

There are days when we wonder if we are strong enough. Allow God to be strong enough for you today!

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment