Sunday, February 20, 2011

I begin my journey...

Tonight I begin my daunting journey through the Bible in two years.  A few years ago, before I married my husband, Josh, I read the Bible in about 18 months.  I remember very little.  I made no attempt to understand the passages.   I hoped the information would enter my mind magically, I guess.  This time will be different.  This time I have spread out my plan and will blog about my readings.  I will check for commentary from professionals in the field of ministry and keep my posts updated with the information I learn.  I am not trained or educated in Biblical Studies.  I am a fifth grade teacher who simply wants to understand the secrets in God's Word.  I know that if I am to teach the Bible stories to my son, who is almost two, I must understand them myself. 

Join me as I go down this road.  Read along with me, or simply read my thoughts and questions about the passages I read.  If you know more about the Bible than I do, please enlighten me with your knowledge.  I will begin with Genesis and Matthew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment