Monday, February 28, 2011

Genesis 8 Matthew 8

Genesis 8
I'm all for enjoying a day on the lake in a boat, but poor Noah!  Genesis 8 is all about the end of the Great Flood.  This is my best guess as to time frame for Noah and his family, assuming his calendar also had 12 months.  After about 150 days of flooding, close to five months, it took another 2 1/2 months for mountains to be visible.  It took 2 more months, I think, for dry ground to appear.  THEN, it took two more months before God finally told Noah he could come out.  When Noah got out, he sacrificed some of the clean animals and clean birds.  I bet he was willing to kill just about anything after being stuck on a boat that long!

Matthew 8
This chapter is all about the healing powers of Jesus.  He does everything from healing a man of leprosy to healing Peter's mother-in-law!  Huge brownie points for Peter, right? 

Here is the confusing part for today...
8:21 Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."  22 But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury the dead." 

So what do you think of this???

Chapter 8 goes on to explain the calming of the storm and driving the demons out of men and into pigs.  The townspeople them begged Jesus to leave their region. 

No comments:

Post a Comment