Sunday, February 27, 2011

Genesis 7 and Matthew 7

A day of celebration!!!  Today marks one week of this blog. I have many weeks remaining, but we are well on our way. 

This will be a very short post because I simply have little to say about these two chapters.  Genesis 7 tells us about the Great Flood, and I feel as if that is the most common Bible story.  My son even knows who Noah is and can name some of the animals on the ark because of his little Bible.  What amazed me was the length of the flood.  I guess I was thinking 40 days and nights only, but actually water covered the land for 152 days.  That's just crazy!!

Matthew 7 continues still the list from Jesus' sermon.  He tells us to not judge others, to ask for God's blessings, and to search for the narrow gate, rather than follow the crowd to the wide one.  We learn that only those who DO God's will will enter the gates of Heaven. It isn't enough to acknowledge Jesus.  We must walk the walk, too.  We end with the warning to build our houses on solid rock, not sand.

If we listen carefully, God is trying to remind us of these basics daily.  We need to reminders!

Have a great Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment