Thursday, February 24, 2011

Genesis 4 Matthew 4

Good morning,
Today I am thankful that my biggest worries are my husband's birthday dinner and how much ice cream my son intends to eat tonight.  I pray for those in New Zealand, the families of the victims of the pirate attacks off the coast of Somalia, and anyone living in an area full of riots. 

Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?  But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

God said these words to Cain after his offering was found unfavorable.  It made me think of my motives and decisions as I go throughout my day.  With everything I do, what am I trying to prove?  Who am I trying to impress?  Why do I "play it safe?"  We teach our kids to try new things, but do we branch out ourselves?  All God is asking is for us to try our best and we will be accepted by him.

Question of the day???
Where did Cain find a wife???

Matthew 4 Temptation of Jesus
40 days and nights of fasting?? Is that safe??  I realize that he was the Son of God and all, but I don't think we should try that!

I love that during the temptation attempts by Satan, Jesus became the comeback King.  The first yo' Mama jokes were apparently yo' Daddy instead. 

This passage did make me think that if Satan is going to quote scripture to me, maybe I better have a good understanding of it myself.  This furthers my reasoning for this two year Bible study!

Lastly, Isaiah predicts the journey for Jesus as he begins his ministry.  I wonder how Jesus felt knowing that his very footsteps were predicted years before!

No comments:

Post a Comment