Friday, December 2, 2011

December

The current temperature outside is 23 degrees. Christmas music plays on the radio stations. My mailbox is flooded with ordered gifts and Christmas cards. Unfortunately, the Christmas spirit just isn't in me this year.

I am tired. I am overwhelmed. I am sad for friends whose lives have been devastated by loss over the past four months. I don't feel like putting up the tree or decorating my house. I don't even feel like cleaning my house.

This sounds terribly depressing, I know. I am just not sure what the next step should be. I do not feel motivated by the calendar saying it is now December.

Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment