Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Muddle Through the Noise

It can be hard to find quiet moments. We are a small family living in a small home. Even so, a two year old, husband, baby on the way, and a cat can make it hard to hear God. I make it worse by adding email, facebook, a teaching career, and freelance writing jobs. Even things that are supposed to be for God, like teaching Sunday School, can get in the way of hearing God and studying my Bible.

Today's goal is to stay focused! I have a workday with several meetings, so my actual worktime will be short. I must stay focused!

Having said all that, today I was amazed again at Paul. I read Acts 19, which is powerful! God worked in such an odd way throughout the book of Acts!

I also read more about Samson. He seems an unlikely hero because he is really mean! I don't think I realized how cruel he was!

I hope your studies are going well, and you have time to focus!


Jessica is a fifth grade teacher and beginning freelance writer. She is the wife-extraordinaire to Josh and mother of two year old Devon. When she isn't teaching, mothering, cooking, cleaning, or writing, you can find her locked in a quiet room reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment